Friday, February 17, 2012

Housekeeping

- I did submit my Creative Non-fiction piece for the "Canada Writes" competition, but the short list doesn't come out until June. That means that I'll be able to post it here June at the earliest, July at the latest.
- That little kitty I talked about a few weeks ago passed away. It was very sad. But she made it through Christmas which was lovely
- Still haven't heard back about the Research Assistant job. Hopes fading.
- Yesterday I worked my first shift since I gave my notice to the vet clinic. I was greeting with a "hey, Traitor" by the first co-worker who saw me. Yeah. My last shift is tonight, but it's only two hours.

I can tough out pretty much anything for two hours.
Then, I'm going to leave.

I've worked at a Vet clinic since June 2009. This will be a big change. I'm going to miss seeing the little critters.

But I think it's for the best.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah. Then another made a "joke" about burying employees who leave them under the tiles.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to read about the kitty. That must be the hardest part of working for a vet.

    ReplyDelete